Thursday, February 23, 2012

A Week - Madness!

It seems mad that I have been a London resident for only a week. Group excursions are at bay since classes have begun, giving me the opportunity to explore the city with friends. Since I last posted, I have been to Liverpool Street, toured the Museum of London, had a Sunday roast at Ye Old Red Cow, explored the Natural History Museum and took a picture with Dippy the T-Rex, attended an Evensong Service at St. Bartholomew’s (where Shakespeare in Love was filmed), ventured to Noting Hill, saw Occupy London, watched a fantastically modern version of A Midsummer’s Night Dream at the Lyre, learned that the Tube closes at midnight and night buses are VERY confusing, worshiped with Hillsong United, celebrated National Pancake Day – all while I have supposedly been ‘studying’ abroad. It seems that in the seven days I have been in London, I have learned more about myself, the world, and London than the past two-and-a-half years at Centre (this says a lot, as I have changed and learned incredible amounts at the old Centre C). This week has been exhausting, but spectacular. I cannot wait for the next eleven.

Sooo cool! Three hours was not enough time. I could have easily spent entire days in this museum. Housed in beautiful building, it has hundreds of exhibits. The dinosaur exhibit was so realistic and huge! By far, the Natural History Museum is the best museum I have ever seen.  

While exploring with a friend, we stumbled upon the 2012 Occupy London movement. At ten in the morning, there were hundreds of people still asleep in their tents. 

Notting Hill was a very colorful, small community. My favorite part of this visit was the clothing store that displayed hundreds of antique sewing machine in its entry way – so neat! 

No comments:

Post a Comment